TNG Group’s Privacy Statement
“TNG Group” refers to Touch ‘n Go Sdn Bhd (Company No: 406400-X) and TNG Digital Sdn Bhd (Company No: 1256651-M) unless and to the extent otherwise stated.
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us
- We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum as may be required to deliver superior service to our customers, which includes advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business
- We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards.
Collection of Personal Information
The information we collect is information that we require in order to perform our services and offer our products to you. This information is similar to the information typically collected by us on the application forms, which include, but not limited to, your name and address details, date of birth, details such as telephone number and others.
You may choose to give us personal information directly in a variety of situations. For example, you may want to give us your name and contact information to communicate with you to register for a service, to provide you with a subscription, or to do business with us if you are a supplier or business partners.
From time to time, we may also collect information that pertains to you indirectly through other sources (if any). When we do so, we require the third party to confirm that the information was legally acquired by them and that we have the right to obtain it from them and use it. The information that we collect, either directly or indirectly, may be combined to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
Use of Personal Information
Fulfilling your Transaction Request
If you request something from TNG Group, for example, a product or service, we will use the information you provide to fulfill your request. To help us do this, we may share information with others, for instance, TNG Group's business partners, TNG Group related company and financial institutions involved in fulfillment. In connection with a transaction, we may also contact you as part of our customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes.
Personalizing your Experience on our Websites
We may use information we collect about you to provide you with a personalized experience on our websites, such as providing you with content in which you may be interested and making navigation on our sites easier.
The information you provide to TNG Group, as well as the information we have collected about you indirectly, may be used by TNG Group and its related corporations among others, CIMB Group Holdings Berhad, PLUS Malaysia Berhad, and MTD Equity Sdn. Bhd. for marketing purposes directly from the relevant company(s). TNG Group may extract, disclose and release the information in the possession of TNG Group relating to you within the TNG Group and its related corporations. However, please note that we will only disclose your personal information to our related corporations subject at all times to any laws, regulations, guidelines and/or obligations applicable to TNG Group.
The information that we may disclose for the purposes of marketing may include but not limited to the following:-
- Personal information such as name, date of birth, age, identity card number;
- Contact information including address, phone numbers and email address; and
- Customers’ transaction details for marketing analysis purposes.
You may at any time inform us if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or our related corporations by contacting us directly (please refer to “Questions and Concern” below). Your latest written instructions to us shall prevail.
Where TNG Group wishes to share your information with its business partners for marketing and promotional purposes, TNG Group will only disclose your personal information (which will not include information relating to your affairs or accounts) to our business partners where your express prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the TNG Group.
In connection with a job application or inquiry, whether advertised on TNG Group Websites or otherwise, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume. We may use this information throughout TNG Group in order to address your inquiry or consider you for employment purposes.
Protect the Rights and Property of TNG Group and Others
We may also use or share your information to protect the rights or property of TNG Group, our business partners, suppliers, clients, or others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected. In addition, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or the rights of others, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our websites.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information/data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, postcode, area code, unique device identifier, location and the time zone where the TNG Group products or services are used, so that we can better understand customer behaviour and improve our products, services and advertising.
- We also may collect information regarding customer activities on our websites and from our other products and services. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our websites, products and services are of most interest. Aggregated data is considered non-personal information for the purposes of this Privacy Statement.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Disclosure of Information
TNG Group complies with the data protection laws in Malaysia and takes all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorized access to your personal data. TNG Group and those working for agents or contractors of TNG Group have the responsibility to keep your information confidential and will only use it to offer products and services on behalf of TNG Group.
At times, as a part of providing you with our products and services and the management and/or operation of the same, TNG Group may be required or need to disclose your information with certain classes of third parties. However, TNG Group will not disclose any document or information relating to your affairs and accounts with us unless such disclosure is permitted under the Financial Services Act 2013. Data shared will be for the purpose as stated in this privacy statement, or purposes not stated but directly related to the primary purpose of collection.
The classes of third parties that TNG Group may divulge the personal information of its customers are as follows:-
- Persons/Organizations required under law or where disclosure is necessary for the purposes of compliance with applicable laws or in response to relevant authorities requests;
- Government agencies, statutory authorities, enforcement agencies under law;
- TNG Group auditors, accountants and solicitors;
- TNG Group business partners or service/product providers that are deemed necessary or appropriate for the purposes stated above including for the purposes of fraud investigation;
For the avoidance of doubt, TNG Group shares its customers’ personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customers’ orders, delivering products to customers, managing and enhancing customers’ data, providing customer service, assessing customers’ interest in TNG Group’s products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever TNG Group operates (including those located out of Malaysia, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security);
- Persons under a duty of confidentiality to TNG Group;
- Government authorities or relevant parties for the purpose of investigation on any matters relating to the card or any products offered by the TNG Group; and
- Any class of third parties expressly stated in this Privacy Statement.
Disclosure of information with regards to registered card
There will be situations where the card is registered under another person’s name. However, you are either (i) holding the physical card; and/or (ii) authorized by the registered owner to deal with TNG Group on any matters with regards to the card. In such circumstances, TNG Group SHALL NOT divulge any information regarding the card to you unless you provide to TNG Group (i) an authorization letter from the registered owner (TNG Group shall contact the actual registered owner for confirmation purposes); or (ii) where the registered owner is uncontactable, you shall verify the transactions made by you using the card and subsequently provide a letter to TNG Group to confirm that you are the actual owner who is holding and using the physical card.
Information Security and Accuracy
TNG Group takes precautions including administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse, as well as against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Furthermore, we intend to protect your personal information and to maintain its accuracy. TNG Group implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
TNG Group makes it easy for you to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up to date. We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
Access and Correction to Personal Information
Under Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA), you reserve the right to access your personal data and request for correction of the personal data that might be inaccurate, obsolete, incomplete or misleading.
To access your personal data, you can:
- Request to check and access your personal data in our records;
- Request that we correct any of your inaccurate, obsolete, incomplete or misleading personal data; and
- Request copies of the data from us.
Once we receive a request, we will acknowledge the receipt of such request. For data amendment and correction, we will consider if the information requires amendment. If there is any disagreement, then we specify the reason in clearly stated terms such as where rights of others will be violated, or regulatory functions will be affected.
TNG Group reserves the right to decline to process requests:-
- Where TNG Group is not supplied with sufficient information as to the identity of the requestor or of the relevant person making the request;
- Where TNG Group is not supplied with sufficient information to enable it to locate the personal data;
- Where the burden or expense of providing access is not proportionate to the risk of the data subject’s privacy;
- Where TNG Group cannot comply with the request without disclosing the personal data of another individual who is identifiable from that information. However, this can be provided if TNG Group is satisfied that the other individual has consented to the disclosure of the information to the requestor or it is reasonable in all circumstances to comply without the consent of such other individual;
- The processing of personal data is controlled by another data user in a manner which prohibits the relevant data user from complying in whole or part with the request;
- Where it will be against any court order;
- Where it will disclose confidential commercial information; or
- Where the access is regulated by another law.
Access, correction, deletion requests or any enquiries and complaints can be made (i) online via TNG Group Websites; or (ii) by contacting Touch ‘n Go Careline at +6 03-5022 3888; or (iii) by visiting the nearest Touch ‘n Go Service Centres and/or Hubs. TNG Group will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your request to change the same and charge the relevant processing fee (if any).
If you wish to request that we no longer use your personal data or limit the usage of your personal data in anyway whatsoever, you may contact us at email@example.com. However, please note that TNG Group may not be able to proceed with the provision of the relevant product or services and you may not be able to use such product and services thereafter
The personal data requested by TNG Group are mandatory for the relevant product or services which you must provide and agree to the processing of such personal data. Should you decide not to provide any or all of the personal data, TNG Group may not be able to proceed with the provision of the relevant product or services and you may not be able to use such product and services thereafter.
Third-Party Sites and Services
TNG Group Websites, products, applications and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details are governed by their privacy practices. This means, third party internet sites that you can link through TNG Group are not covered by our policy. Therefore, we encourage you to familiarize with those third parties sites’ privacy policies before using the links or applications and we urge you to be careful when you enter any personal information online. TNG Group accepts no responsibility or liability for those sites.
Our websites creates a “cookie” when you first register online. A “cookie” is a piece of information, like a tag, which some basic information which helps us to identify if you have visited the site before and if you have provide us with some personalized content such as welcoming you by name if you have supplied this in a previous visit. However, as it is based on your PC, we will not find the “cookie” if you visit our website from a different PC to the one you registered on. The use of “cookies” includes the following assurances:
No information regarding your telephone number, an account or payment details included in the cookie or can be accessed using it; and
They do not collect any personal information regarding the use of your PC or internet browsing in any way.
If you do not want a “cookie” to be created on your PC, web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox of Google Chrome provide the option to disable them. Please bear in mind that some personalized services on our websites may not be available if you choose to disable cookies.
TNG Group also uses third parties to track its advertising across the web. The information these third parties collect does not include any personal information, but is merely for the purpose of identifying the general effectiveness of such online advertising.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to TNG Group employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
TNG Group may review and update its Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes in the law, our business practices, procedures and structure, and the community’s changing privacy expectations. Adequate notice of such update and/or revision will be given on TNG Group Websites and/or by such other means of communication deemed suitable by TNG Group including by way of sending such notice via electronic mail and/or short messaging service (SMS) to you.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any question or concern, please call Touch ‘n Go Careline at +6 03-5022 3888 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org