Our Money-back Guarantee promises full compensation within 5 working days if your TNG eWallet is being charged with unauthorised purchases or reload. Our enhanced security features protect you from any risk of losing your eWallet balances through unauthorised transactions:
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning - Track and analyse data to detect and prevent unauthorised transactions
- Human Intervention - Dedicated risk team for further monitoring and strengthening the backend security system
How To Claim Your Money Back
Verify your eWallet account and get protected from unauthorised transactions with the Money-back Guarantee.
Ensure you submit your claim within 60 days from the unauthorised transaction date to get full compensation.
FAQ Money-back Guarantee
Money-back Guarantee is a protection feature in the Touch ‘n Go eWallet, that in the unlikely event an unauthorised transaction is made on the user’s eWallet account, we will refund the disputed amount, provided that the requirements under the Terms & Conditions of the Money-back Guarantee is met.
In order to be eligible for the Money-back Guarantee, users must first verify their eWallet account through the Account Verification process. If there is a case of an unauthorised transaction, the source of fund must only come from the user’s own eWallet account. The user shall be required to submit the Money-back Guarantee claim within 60 days from the date of the unauthorised transaction.
These are the scenarios in which a user will not be covered under the Money-back Guarantee Policy:
- When the unauthorised transaction is not made through the Touch ‘n Go eWallet.
- When duplicated claims are made. For example, if the user has filed a claim with the credit card company, TNG Digital would not accept the duplicated claim made to us.
- When the user has authorised a third party to access their eWallet account. If they conduct any transaction, then the user will be responsible for their actions.
- When the intention of fraud or negligence is found.
When the user fails to provide all the required information and documents.
- When the unauthorised transaction occurs under unforeseeable circumstances, including but not limited to natural disasters, war, terrorist attacks and/or civil unrest.
- When the unauthorised transaction occurs as a result of a third-party terminal or system error which the user is well aware of. For example, hacking attempts, bank system upgrades, and telco downtime.
- When there is a legal restriction that prevents the user to make any claims.
- When the user’s mobile phone is rooted or jailbroken.
When the user’s Touch ‘n Go eWallet is downloaded from illegitimate sources.
- When an accidental and/or erroneous reload is done by the user.
- When a user mistakenly made a P2P transfer to a third party.
A user can make a claim through the Claim Form on the TNG Digital website or by tapping on the Money-back Guarantee banner within the profile page on the Touch ‘n Go eWallet app.
The disputed amount will be refunded into the user’s Touch ‘n Go eWallet account or to the original funding source.
Users will receive their refund within 5 working days (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays) from claim submission date if the claim is valid and approved. Daily cut off time will be at 5pm, any submission after 5pm will be processed the next working day.
No, the full amount of the unauthorised transaction will be refunded, provided the claim is valid and approved.
No, users must verify their eWallet account if they want to be eligible for the Money-back Guarantee feature.
No, duplicated claims made through other channels will not be eligible.
No, such transactions will not be covered.
Yes, the user is covered since the eWallet account has been verified and the claim submission is done within 60 days of the unauthorised transaction date, 18 June 2019. However, the user shall be required to resubmit the claim after the user has verified his or her account.
A user can verify his or her eWallet account by tapping on ‘Account Verification’ in the profile page of the app.
Yes, the full amount will be refunded.
No, there will not be any tax deduction on the refunded amount.
Yes, the user will be notified.
Duplicate nor partial claims made will not be eligible.